Creating a Podcast Feed
If you have an existing feed, this will create a new feed with a different URL
If you are not currently using Feedburner as recommended below, you may want to consider switching to this method prior to altering the feed.
Setting up the feed
- Add /feed/ to the end of the topic or tag’s URL and share with your listeners.
- Then use that link in your favorite podcast player just as iTunes.
Would look like this:
(the mp3 files are added to the default feeds as enclosures)
- Increasing the number of sermons the feed shows by simply going to Settings > Reading and changing Syndication feeds show the most recent. Note – that this increases the limit for all RSS feeds, including blog posts.
- We recommend using Feedburner:
Follow these steps to use Feedburner:
- Determine the podcasting feed URL you will use.
- Sign up or sign into Google’s FeedBurner service.
- Enter your podcasting feed URL into “Burn a feed right this instant” and check the box for “I am a podcaster”.
- Continue clicking Next and filling out details until you get to “Configure Your Podcast and Tell iTunes How to List It”.
- Check the box for Include iTunes podcasting elements then enter your extra details.
- Optionally provide a 1400×1400 cover image for Podcast image location. You can upload this via WordPress inMedia > Add New.
- Click Next and continue filling out the options you want.
- When done, click on the feed icon at the top-left to view the FeedBurner version of your feed. Save this URL.
- Once the feed is updated, submit it to iTunes and everything should appear there.