Getting Started with Photolia
Table of Contents
Photolia is a minimal, responsive photoblog theme with unique photo-grid galleries and retina image support.
- From the Dashboard of your site, go to Appearance → Themes.
- Click the Add New button at the top of the screen.
- Click the Upload Theme button at the top of the screen.
- Select Choose File and find the .zip file of the theme, select it, and click Add, followed by Install Now.
- The theme will upload then ask whether you would like to Activate, view a Live Preview, or Return to Theme page. You can activate or view the theme from this screen or do it later in the Appearance → Themes screen.
Setup Automatic Updates
Automatic updates will enable you to know when bug fixes and updates have been pushed by the development team, and provide a notification in the WordPress Dashboard when they are available.
Be aware that if you have made any modifications to the CSS or PHP files and run an update, all changes will be blown away! We highly suggest if you want to make theme modifications to do so by creating a Child Theme.
- From the Dashboard of your site, go to Appearance → Theme License.
- Paste the License Key you received in the purchase email from UpThemes into the License Key field.
- Click the Activate button and Save Changes. You’re good to go, and should receive notifications when theme updates are available!
The header image dimensions are 1120×320 but can be any size, the image will be stretched to cover the header area at all times.
How to change the header image:
- Click on the Appearance → Header
- Upload a new image in the Select Image section by clicking ‘Choose File’ then ‘Upload’
Photolia supports custom backgrounds and is pre-loaded with 7 custom background images to choose from. By default, these images display randomly as visitors browse your blog.
To change the background image:
- Navigate to Appearance → Background.
- Select one of the existing images or upload a new one by clicking ‘Choose File’ then ‘Upload’
When using the “link” post format, the first link found within the content of the post will replace the primary heading permalink from any archive or listing template. That means visitors will be able to click the title of a “link” post and go directly to the URL you linked.
- The content width for Photolia is 926px wide.
- Featured images are set to display at 926px by 320px.